Veteran Administration Loans
VA helps service members, veterans, and eligible surviving spouses become homeowners. As part of our mission to serve you, The Veterans Adminstration provides a home loan guaranty benefit and other housing-related programs to help you buy, build, repair, retain, or adapt a home for your own personal occupancy.
VA Home Loans are provided by private lenders, such as banks and mortgage companies. The VA guarantees a portion of the loan, enabling the lender to provide you with more favorable terms.
VA Loans Overview
- Available to Veterans
- Federally Insured
- Little or No down payment required
- No monthly mortgage insurance
- Typically lower rates than conventional mortgages
VA Loans Eligibility
- You must have served on active duty for 90 consecutive days or more in wartime OR,
- 181 days or more during peacetime OR,
- You have more than 6 years of service in the National Guard or Reserves OR,
- You are the spouse of a service member who has died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related disability